Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Photo library on AirCapsule

Hi,

after last upgrade to 10.10.4 i cannot get to my Photo library saved on AirCapsule.

Its saying that the library is preparing and stuck on 100% without any progress.

I tried to open my other small library saved on Mac. There it worked normaly

i got into it but instead of visible pictures and videos there are only blank sheets.

I tried restart, repair, copy, restore from back up but nothing helped.

The files are obviously there but the Mac just cannot handle them...

Anybody experienced same or have a solution?

Thanks!!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 11:01 PM

9 replies

Jul 4, 2015 8:51 AM in response to lukasssek

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem!! I faced a similar issue when I was beta testing 10.10.4, and therefore decided to switch back to 10.10.3 (I thought it was a "beta-bug").

But now that 10.10.4 is public, I installed it again, and...as lukasssek mentions, the problem persists.

Please Apple, help!!! I had imported 10 years of pictures, and everything was working great under 10.10.3. Bring the magic back!!!

Txs,

Jul 4, 2015 11:04 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks OT for your comments. Let me answer to yours (and Larry"s) questions as follows:

What is an AirCapsule? Do you mean a TiimeCapsule by any chance?

Yes, of course, I think lukassek meant a TimeCapsule. At least this is my case.

If so how are you connected to it?

Via WiFi

Your library must be on a direct connected drive (fast wired connection) and the volume your library is on must be Mac OS extended (journaled)

This is NOT correct. Until now I have been perfectly working with ATC, and Photos worked just fine. Your information is wrong, sorry.

what fixes have you tried?

None, apart from restarting both the program and the Mac. This is my problem, no one seems to have this issue because there is no other forum about this. All other comments are about importing libraries from iPhoto or Aperture. But in my case there is nothing to import. Until yesterday I have been using my Photos library flawlessly, and since 10.10.4....problem there.

is it a referenced or managed library

It is a managed library (i.e. I am not referencing to pictures stored somewhere else, but have ticked the box of "copy items.."

Maybe its just lukasssek and me having this issue, but...hopefully there are more, so that Apple (or whomever) can fix the bug.

Thanks in advance for any tip.

Jul 4, 2015 11:09 AM in response to CdM1971

Your library must be on a direct connected drive (fast wired connection) and the volume your library is on must be Mac OS extended (journaled)

This is NOT correct. Until now I have been perfectly working with ATC, and Photos worked just fine. Your information is wrong, sorry.

The following is from this Apple document: iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users - Apple Support

It's recommended that you store your iPhoto library on a locally mounted hard drive. Storing your iPhoto library on a network share can lead to poor performance, data corruption, or data loss. If you use both iPhoto and Aperture with the same library, using a Mac OS X Extended formatted volume is recommended. For more information, see Aperture: Use locally mounted Mac OS X Extended volumes for your Aperture library.

Jul 4, 2015 11:37 AM in response to CdM1971

Well it is correct and most likely if you connect directly to the TC you will find things working

You can do what ever you want and believe what ever you want but using a WiFi connection is not safe and will have problems - as you are now w=seeing in spite of your protests that you are right and everyone else is wrong

LN

Jul 4, 2015 12:04 PM in response to LarryHN

Larry and OT -- I understand what you say, and acording to what can be read in the official pages, you are right.

But...as I said before, with 10.10.3 everything has was working fine, so it is clear that the problem is the upgrade to 10.10.4, and not the ATC connection.

Nevertheless, I see that you have no solution to my problem, since your recommendation (connecting directly to my Mac) is not an alternative.

Therefore, if someone else knows a solution to this problem, I would appreciate other views/insights.

Problems with Photo library on AirCapsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.