Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add music from iTunes to iPod Touch

I did not purchase and enabled iTunes Match on my iPod Touch but I cannot copy any of my music from CDs in my Mac’s iTunes library to the iPod. I keep getting this message “Some of the files were not copied to the iPod because iTunes Match is enabled on this iPod.” I just upgraded the iPod to 8.4 and have 16.4 GB available. I am trying the free three month trial of Apple Music. I tried turning off the iPod and turning it back on. How do I fix this?

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 10:33 PM

7 replies

Jul 4, 2015 3:01 AM in response to dperryfl

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Jul 4, 2015 11:48 AM in response to dperryfl

I believe your issue has to do with Apple Music. I don't believe you can add music to your device if you are using the Apple Music Service. I'm trying to find more documentation for you, but haven't found anything yet. With Apple Music enabled on the device I don't believe that manually managing music can be used to drag and drop music to the iPod.

Jul 4, 2015 11:54 AM in response to dperryfl

The switch for Apple Music is in Settings. However, from what I can find so far about Apple Music is that you can still add music to your iTunes library an then access it on the device. I'm just not sure how you are trying to add music to the iPod. This link explains a little, but you may have to do a little hunting on the Apple site yourself. https://www.apple.com/music/membership/ Go to the support page and use the search function for info on Apple Music.

Jul 4, 2015 1:11 PM in response to lllaass

I called Apple Support and they helped me. I did not have the latest version of iTunes, I thought I did — but I was I was one version behind. I installed it. I logged off of my Apple account on the iPod, reconnected to my Mac and finally it registered that I did not have iTunes Match.

THANKS to every one who helped!

Cannot add music from iTunes to iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.