Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My icloud photo library is not working properly on my iPhone

I have uploaded my entire photo library from my iMac to iCloud Photo Library (around 250GB). I can view my photos and video via iCloud.com. But after activated iCloud Photo Library on my iPhone and iPad (following the instruction on iCloud FAQ), I can just view the photos and video taken on the local devices only. None from the iCloud Photo Library can be viewed on my iPhone and iPad.

Why? And how do i know whether the iPhone and iPad is uploading or downloading from iCloud Photo Library?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 2:38 AM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2015 8:12 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I have this exact problem and the same messages, and it has been going on for severl days. In the iOS Photos Contol Panel, it currently says "58 Items to Download - 48 Photos to Download." It changes to the status bar with the message "Uploading 58 items - Downloading 48 Photos." The bar never changes, it's stuck at 1/3 of the way. The message just alternates back and forth between the two states.

Today a dialogue box popped up saying "You have not synced your Photos in 7 days. Copnnect to Wi-Fi" or something to that effect, it only lasted a few seconds. I am on Wi-Fi consistently, both at work and home, so it's not a networking issue.

On the Mac side, Photos control panel just says "Uploading 13 images" and never changes.

My icloud photo library is not working properly on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.