Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refusal to Replace my iPhone 5 Handset under Apple's iPhone5 Sleep/Wake Button Replacement Program

Dear Sir,

This is with reference to replacement of my Apple iPhone 5 bearing serial no. C38JWJTHDTWG in pursuance of it being eligible under Apple's iPhone 5 Sleep/ Wake Button Replacement Program.

In furtherance of the aforesaid program whereby Apple itself has identified a few models of iPhone 5 along with the acknowledgment of their being latent manufacturing deficiencies in such iPhone 5 models which may lead to malfunction of the Wake/ Sleep key, kindly be apprised that the Wake/ Sleep button on my iPhone 5 has been working intermittently and is found to be eligible for replacement under the said program. Further, on visiting the Apple's service center on 25th May, 2015,I was apprised by an Apple executive that owing to the Wake/ Sleep button being attached to the motherboard in Indian handsets it was not possible for Apple to either repair or replace it independently and therefore Apple's policy within India is to replace the defectively manufactured handset altogether with a new one instead of just the defective button.

To sustain from the aforesaid, Apple's executive on recognizing and appreciating that my Wake/ Sleep button was not working/ working intermittently, assigned me a case id no. 3674257 together with a job card with the observations that despite dents on the body of my iPhone 5, it was in a perfect working condition barring the said Wake/ Sleep button. However, to my utter dismay, the replacement of my handset was arbitrarily denied on account of their being multiple dents on the body which has no connection, whatsoever, vis-a-vis their being an inherent manufacturing anomaly causing malfunction in the Wake/ Sleep key thus persistently depriving me of a much expected hassle free and a satisfactory Apple experience as I am more often than not compelled to jostle with the intermittent working of my handset's Wake/ Sleep button to make it cater to my Smartphone needs. Moreover, the sole partial exception to admitting the defective Apple handset to the said program was a prior resolution of specific pre-existing damage(s) which could impair the replacement of the Wake/ Sleep button. It is therefore, pertinent to recognize and appreciate that in the absence of any other specific exception to this effect, Apple itself does not recognizes any nexus, whatsoever, between body dents and replacing the Wake/ Sleep button which in the case of Indian handsets is substituted by replacement of defective handsets with the new handsets. Therefore, a preposterous and an arbitrary denial premised on body dents, with none on the screen, cannot be accepted as an excuse, in any manner whatsoever, for denying and discriminating against me by refusing and deriving me the rightful entitlement of replacing my defective and intermittently working Apple handset, as such an arbitrary denial thereof constitutes criminal cheating along with intentional and voluntary harassment of a consumer by Apple together with Apple undermining it's own prestige of proclaiming itself as a pioneer in consumer satisfaction.

Be that as it may, I hereby urge Apple to expeditiously replace my defective handset with a new Apple iPhone 5, for, I would, never had bought the Apple iPhone 5 had I been apprised of any pre-existing manufacturing deficiencies, which as of now has been reduced and rendered to a near non-working state. Kindly be further apprised that non-adherence with my requests to replace my defective Apple handset would compel and constrain me to precipitate my legal rights in the consumer forum along with prosecuting Apple.

Thanking You

Yours sincerely

Sidhant Raheja

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 11:22 PM

1 reply

Refusal to Replace my iPhone 5 Handset under Apple's iPhone5 Sleep/Wake Button Replacement Program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.