Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New modem and time capsule

Hi, I have a new gateway modem and I can't seem to find time capsule from airport utility.

Time capsule was working fine with old modem.

Please someone help? I have Mac Pro.

REgards

Sunny

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 3:03 AM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2015 6:42 AM in response to bonjour itune

Reset the TC to factory and start over with a clean new setup.. no files are lost.

Start from a factory reset. No files are lost on the hard disk doing this.

Factory reset universal

Power off the TC.. ie pull the power cord or power off at the wall.. wait 10sec.. hold in the reset button.. be gentle.. power on again still holding in reset.. and keep holding it in for another 10sec. You may need some help as it is hard to both hold in reset and apply power. It will show success by rapidly blinking the front led. Release the reset.. and wait a couple of min for the TC to reset and come back with factory settings. If the front LED doesn’t blink rapidly you missed it and simply try again. The reset is fairly fragile in these.. press it so you feel it just click and no more.. I have seen people bend the lever or even break it. I use a toothpick as tool.

N.B. None of your files on the hard disk of the TC are deleted.. this simply clears out the router settings of the TC.

Jul 4, 2015 6:47 AM in response to bonjour itune

I have a new gateway modem and I can't seem to find time capsule from airport utility.

This would be expected, since AirPort Utility remembers the settings that you used to configure the Time Capsule to connect to your old modem.

You now have a new modem, but AirPort Utility does not know this......so you need to start over again, reset the Time Capsule back to factory default settings, and then set up the Time Capsule again to work correctly with your new modem.

New modem and time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.