Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

viperdns

this site is getting hold of my Safary browser i my iPad. It is taking over so that everytime I try to open a different page it is blocking any other contents exepti itself asking me to re-set IP addresses and to purchase their services ... How can I get rid of this intrusion?

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 1:51 AM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2015 4:11 AM in response to jorgefrompoole

1. Reset the iPad.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on your iPad.

Simultaneously press and hold down the “Home” button” until the screen turns off.

Turn it back on.

2. Clear information from your device

iOS 7

Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History > Clear Cookies and Data.

iOS 8

Tap Settings > Safari >“Clear History” and then tap “Clear History and Website Data ”.

Jul 4, 2015 5:06 AM in response to dominic23

Thanks Dominic23, but it does not work.

I should have said that I tried this before, as it would be the standard way of getting rid of problems, but in this case, the site "viperdns.com" takes precedent on most of my intents to enter another URL. I also performed a "Software Update" and restarted the device several times. I do not use another browser and this is happening only in Safari. What happens is that if I try typing a new address or a question to google (default search engine) this website takes over and blocks any intent for the original comand to load. Some websites work, directly from "Favourites" and by typing the address, but most of them do not work and most of the times I end up confronted with this Viper company trying to sell me their services but before I should change or as they say, update "Primary DNS" and "Secondary DNS". The address that keeps repeating itself is: "https://www.viperdns.com/error-olddns.html".

It is only happening in my iPad, but not yet so in my iPad Mini, nor in my iPhone or in my MacBook Pro.

Jul 5, 2015 11:01 AM in response to dominic23

Mani thanks Dominic23. I have read the article and gave me various ideas. Considering that the problem I have seemed to have something to do with the DNS addresses I decided that instead to resetting the iPad completely to its factory settings I could try by resetting only the Network Settings. It worked!

I fianally got rid of the dreaded Viperdns harassing adverts.

General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Many thanks for all your help and advise.

Cheers!

Jorgefrompoole

viperdns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.