Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad calendar, contacts, etc won't sync with Outlook

iTunes 12.1.1.4 64-bit. Windows 7/64.

iPad 2 with iOS 8.4

Somehow my Outlook calendar has lost all its data, so I wanted to get it from my iPad. Went through the set up to sync (merge) Info with Outlook elements, started the sync and it chuntered its way through the four stages. When it had finished I had a look and it had done precisely nothing. I restarted the lumps of metal and tried again, but again it took several minutes to do nothing.

Any suggestions before I start writing all my data into my old FiloFax? If I and my iPad live long enough......

PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 2:15 AM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2015 2:35 AM in response to Community User

Update: New entries, whether they are back dated or forward dated, will sync in either direction. I have looked for a setting that will enable existing entries to sync, but so far no luck.

Jul 7, 2015 5:01 AM in response to Community User

Update: Gave up with iTunes and tried iCloud. I have a Mac Air, a Win 7/64 Desktop, a Win 8.1 laptop and an iPad 2, all on a home network. After several hours of battling with the various settings, following help from the iCloud .com site and various forums, I came to the conclusion that my old FiloFax, mentioned previously, is the best, safest and, on balance, fastest database for calendars, addresses, notes, birthdays, etc. etc.

Syncing between the iPad and the PCs using iTunes was fine for a long time, although I have had trouble recently. The main problem, however, is (or was now I've saved all to Filofax) that all this data was up-to-date on my Mac Air, but nowhere else. I must say I have never got on well with Macs, although I really love my iPad. So perhaps a setup including the three different types of device is not good.

Having said that, I use Evernote on all four machines plus a Nexus 7 and its data always syncs automatically and accurately. Eat your heart out, iCloud.

iPad calendar, contacts, etc won't sync with Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.