Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4 Item Has Not Been Purchased

Before I upgrade my iPhone of iOS 8.3 to iOS 8.4, I did buy a few music from the iTunes Store thru my iPhone but after I upgraded my iPhone iOS to iOS 8.4. I could not 'make available for offline' and play my purchased music and it stated as "Item Has Not Been Purchased - 'Kill You (Eminem's Song Title)' cannot be downloaded because it was not purchased with your Apple ID. The thing is I purchased using the same account but after I upgrade my iPhone iOS. The option has become invalid.

What should I do now? Apple has forbidden me from downloading my purchased music awhile allow me to download thru Music Subscription. The system has misunderstanding between purchased music and music subscription.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4, Music Subscripation

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 12:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 3:10 PM

I had the same problem. A couple of random songs from albums I had purchased wouldn't play and threw the "Item has not been purchased" error. To fix it I went to Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> tapped on my Apple ID and then selected Sign Out.

From there I switched back to the Music app and tried to play one of the songs that threw the error. I was then be asked to sign in with my Apple ID. After I signed in the problem went away. Hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 3:10 PM in response to W.H.HILMI

I had the same problem. A couple of random songs from albums I had purchased wouldn't play and threw the "Item has not been purchased" error. To fix it I went to Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> tapped on my Apple ID and then selected Sign Out.

From there I switched back to the Music app and tried to play one of the songs that threw the error. I was then be asked to sign in with my Apple ID. After I signed in the problem went away. Hope this helps!

iOS 8.4 Item Has Not Been Purchased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.