Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I hide any deleted purchased songs, when using iCloud Music Library?

I've recently updated my iTunes to 12.2 and started using iCloud Music Library, however I have found that it has brought back any deleted purchased music back into my library. Although it hasn't actually downloaded it, it is still present in my library, with the option to download it from the cloud. Im looking for a way to hide these songs, as i don't want them in my library. I thought there was a way to do this before through the iTunes store, however i can't find a way.

Any help would be appreciated!

Apple MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:00 AM

It looks like this is a tough one to get! In previous versions of iTunes, you could just click a checkmark off. Now you have to go the iTunes store and click on the "Purchased" link. Once there, you can see your albums and/or songs you've purchased. To hide the downloads from your library, you have to hover over the purchased song or album and click on the "X" to hide it. I have found it takes a LONG time to get that to happen with many spinning rainbows--so long that I almost start to think iTunes has crashed.

I have hidden several albums this way, but sometimes they come back. I also notice that not everything I've purchased is listed there--even though it's showing up in my library as being downloadable.

UPDATE: It actually crashes iTunes sometimes when you do this, so it takes a LONG time if you have a lot of music you want to hide.

Hey Apple! Just bring the checkmark back in preferences, please!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Jakeirons01

It looks like this is a tough one to get! In previous versions of iTunes, you could just click a checkmark off. Now you have to go the iTunes store and click on the "Purchased" link. Once there, you can see your albums and/or songs you've purchased. To hide the downloads from your library, you have to hover over the purchased song or album and click on the "X" to hide it. I have found it takes a LONG time to get that to happen with many spinning rainbows--so long that I almost start to think iTunes has crashed.

I have hidden several albums this way, but sometimes they come back. I also notice that not everything I've purchased is listed there--even though it's showing up in my library as being downloadable.

UPDATE: It actually crashes iTunes sometimes when you do this, so it takes a LONG time if you have a lot of music you want to hide.

Hey Apple! Just bring the checkmark back in preferences, please!

How do I hide any deleted purchased songs, when using iCloud Music Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.