Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2012 vw steering wheel and headunit wont skip or control music after ios 8.4 update.

hi

after updating mine and my wifes phone we are unable to skip, pause or control music from our paired phones after the 8.4update.

checked with ipad with 8.3 and still works fine.

car is vw tiguan and 510 headunit.

all was working fine last week before we updated..

super frustrated11111111

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 5:36 AM

5 replies

Jul 9, 2015 6:04 AM in response to badsaboy

I've seen other posts about VW units no longer functioning after the 8.4 update. Unfortunately, this will be up to VW on whether or not they want to fix it by offering a firmware upgrade for their units. Apple issues beta software for developers specifically for this type of reason to allow manufacturers to update their systems prior to public release. You will need to contact VW and try to get them to issue a firmware upgrade for your unit.

Jul 9, 2015 6:59 AM in response to Arabdeen

Because the unit was designed around the IOS software at the time of release and now the software is changed. It's the same thing when the Mac OS or Windows OS changes, the software developers are the ones that need to make sure their product works with the new OS and not Apple or Microsoft to make sure their OS works with the millions of software programs available. This is the same for hardware. Apple isn't going to go to every car manufacturer and verify that their software works with every car unit on the market. The manufacturer is responsible for making the changes to make their unit compatible. Some manufacturers are really good about making these changes and make them easy for the consumer. Other manufacturers say that it worked when you bought the car and they have no obligation to make it work on newer software.

2012 vw steering wheel and headunit wont skip or control music after ios 8.4 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.