Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vw headunit and steerin wheel controls wont work with iphone after ios8.4 update

My wife and my iphones have lost their ability for the music to be skipped/paused using the vw headunit or steering wheel controls.

this only happened after ios update to 8.4.

i checked with my ipad which still has 8.3 and that still works fine.

please help.

regards

justin

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 5:40 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 8:19 AM in response to badsaboy

I am having the same issue as well, I have an aftermarket Kenwood head unit in my car which has worked perfectly with my old iPhone 3GS my new iPhone 5S and my iPad 4 but since I updated my 5S to iOS 8.4 I haven't been able to use the buttons on the head unit to skip or pause songs, and it also won't display the track name on the head unit anymore either. Sometimes it refuses to play the music entirely.

It seems the only way to fix this would be to downgrade back to iOS 8.3 which would cause me to lose EVERYTHING as you can't restore your phone from a backup that was taken from a device with newer software than whats currently installed on the device.

-Dylan

vw headunit and steerin wheel controls wont work with iphone after ios8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.