Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant turn off iCloud tabs from New iphone 6 appearing on Macbook pro

Hi there,

I have an Iphone 5, an iphone 6 and a Macbook pro all signed into iCloud so we can use this as a Family for find my Iphone.

Just upgraded my second phone to Iphone 6.

When Iphone 6 is in Safari, an Icon comes up on Macbook pro with the current open tabs on the Iphone 6.

On Iphone 6, I have been to settings, iCloud, and turned off safari button but still comes up on the Macbook Pro.

On Macbook pro I've been to System Preferences, iCloud and unchecked the safari.

Any help much appreciated.

many Thanks

Jeff

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 9:41 PM

Hello everyone, I ended up phoning apple Support and they solved this for me.

It's something Called Handoff I believe and I've copied the fix for me below. Thanks Jeff

Turn off Handoff

To turn off Handoff on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Handoff & Suggested Apps, and turn off Handoff.

On your Mac, go to System Preferences > General and uncheck the Allow Handoff setting.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 9:41 PM in response to JEFFLOUIE

Hello everyone, I ended up phoning apple Support and they solved this for me.

It's something Called Handoff I believe and I've copied the fix for me below. Thanks Jeff

Turn off Handoff

To turn off Handoff on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > Handoff & Suggested Apps, and turn off Handoff.

On your Mac, go to System Preferences > General and uncheck the Allow Handoff setting.

Cant turn off iCloud tabs from New iphone 6 appearing on Macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.