Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Update iTunes Match using iTunes 12.2

There is no 'Store' tab now, only 'Account' and Update iTunes Match seems to have gone AWOL. Any body know how to do this?

Also noticed that the columns for anything iCloud have disappeared, whats going on?

Regards

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:24 PM

I noticed the same issue after upgrading to iTunes 12.2. I called Apple support, but they guy didn't seem to know what iTunes Match was. After being on hold for a while, while he talked to a senior tech, he told me to into the iTunes store, look for the iTunes Match link on the right hand column and click it. This takes you to a page titled iTunes Match with two buttons, "No Thanks" and "Add This Computer". He said to click "Add This Computer", which I did. iTunes spun for a while, but as far as I can tell, it did NOT work. The iCloud columns, as you mention, are also still not present, and still nothing under "Account".

While it was spinning, I told the guy I would call back if it didn't work. I have not called back yet, probably tomorrow. If I get a concrete answer, I'll post it here.

I will not be a happy user if iTunes Match has gone away. This is a great service, that allowed me to have my whole library accessible to my iPhone while I'm out and about. I use the "hey Siri" hands free feature to play music while I drive, and this enables me to have access to my whole library, while still being safe in the car so I don't have to touch the stereo or phone or anything.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2015 11:24 PM in response to Ned the Nerd

I noticed the same issue after upgrading to iTunes 12.2. I called Apple support, but they guy didn't seem to know what iTunes Match was. After being on hold for a while, while he talked to a senior tech, he told me to into the iTunes store, look for the iTunes Match link on the right hand column and click it. This takes you to a page titled iTunes Match with two buttons, "No Thanks" and "Add This Computer". He said to click "Add This Computer", which I did. iTunes spun for a while, but as far as I can tell, it did NOT work. The iCloud columns, as you mention, are also still not present, and still nothing under "Account".

While it was spinning, I told the guy I would call back if it didn't work. I have not called back yet, probably tomorrow. If I get a concrete answer, I'll post it here.

I will not be a happy user if iTunes Match has gone away. This is a great service, that allowed me to have my whole library accessible to my iPhone while I'm out and about. I use the "hey Siri" hands free feature to play music while I drive, and this enables me to have access to my whole library, while still being safe in the car so I don't have to touch the stereo or phone or anything.

Jul 5, 2015 3:43 PM in response to Ned the Nerd

Other answers here are basically correct. While on iOS "iTunes Match" and "iCloud Music Library" are being presented as two different things you can choose between, it seems that on the Mac, only "iCloud Music Library" is available but seems to be pretty much just iTunes Match renamed.

Here's what I tried on my own OS X machines.

• In iTunes Preferences, "General" tab, I turned both "Show Apple Music" and "iCloud Music Library" off. Doing this is rather like signing out of your account; genius results are deleted and any non-local music disappears out of the iTunes music view. It'll stop playback if iTunes is playing and will remove any non-local stuff from Up Next.
  • On a computer where I had added new music which was not being correctly sync'd, I then enabled "iCloud Music Library". This kicked off an entire new and actually much improved UI - cloud icons appeared on top of the track numbers, indicating a defined upload order; a spinner in the toolbar at the top-right appeared indicating work-in-progress; and a popover opened automatically off the spinner that showed me exactly what was happening - which track titles were being uploaded, overall progress and so-on.
  • On another computer where I was expecting to see the new tracks, I then enabled "iCloud Music Library". This was very laggy, but did eventually update with things as they were uploaded on the other computer. In the end however, although the "sending" computer appeared to have uploaded all of the tracks and artwork, the "receiving" computer seems to have a lot of them greyed out and not all album artwork is available.

As someone else points outs, the equivalent of the old "Update iTunes Match" menu entry now seems to be File -> Library -> Update iCloud Music Library". This didn't seem to do anything when I tried it on the computer that had greyed out tracks.

So business as usual for Apple's software. I know that with the very flaky post-Lion-and-iOS-7 era Apple software, everyone sees different random bugs so this may be more or less successful for other people reading it. Seems worth a try; at the very least, it appeared to be the case that the computer with the new music on it did get everything matched up in the cloud, even if the other end wasn't working properly. Perhaps in a few hours or days it'll just sort itself out. Who knows.

EDIT: While I was Googling for a resolution to the greyed out songs, it did indeed just sort itself out - it just took a long time. So, now I have the two machines showing the same set of music via the renamed iTunes Match.

How do I Update iTunes Match using iTunes 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.