Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4 Music Issues

I just upgraded to IOS 8.4. I now have several problems/issues.

1 - I liked the old buttons at the button to switch from album to artist to genre to etc.... I do not care for Radio For you, etc... I guess this is their new way of doing things, so will have to deal with it.

2 - It did not sync recent music or playlists from iTunes. This is a big problem.

3 - Albums are sorted by the artist on the album. While it is nice to have some albums by the artist,the majority of my albums have multiple artists, making the songs on an album listed throughout the album list. This makes it impossible to listen to most my albums. I have over 400 albums, so it is not practicable to create a playlist for each (plus, playlists are not syncing...)

Is there anyway to go back an update version? Is Apple creating a fix? Does anyone from Apple look at these? I have a new $300 piece of metal that is not usable.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 4:48 AM

5 replies

Jul 4, 2015 8:03 AM in response to lllaass

Whether or not it'd supported by Apple isn't the issue. I also do not care for the recent update. Navigation has become harder with all the new buttons that are super small. Plus when I go to my music and click on songs, there is no shuffle button. I have to pick a song and then click on a super small little bar that has the title of the current song playing, and make sure the shuffle button is selected. Before the update I could tap on the more section, and select genre. Once I picked a genre, the option at the top was to shuffle. Now that is also not available. I really am starting to hate the most recent update.

Jul 12, 2015 4:10 PM in response to summermug

Got solution to the album sorting. Go to Settings > Music and look for Library, Sort Albums and use drop down to sort by title not the default artist.

I asked tech support how to sync. He tried to show my how to move updated playlists from iPod to laptop, even though said the other way around. When I corrected him, he hung up on me. There are threads on here that claim to fix, but none have worked for me. Go to thread to see if works for you: New music not syncing since 8.4 update

IOS 8.4 Music Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.