Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Drag & Drop Photos from Photos App into FCP 10.2.1

Good Morning,

I'm trying to create a video using still pictures and a few videos taken on iPhone's. Prior to upgrading the the photos app on my macbook, I was using the latest version of Aperture. I was able to simply drag and drop photos into FCPX from Aperture. Since I have now upgraded, I'm unable to complete this task. Does anyone know if Im missing anything, or is this a core change?

Best Regards,

Spencer

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.4, Using Photos 1.0.1

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 6:06 AM

10 replies

Jul 4, 2015 7:00 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Morning Tom,

Here are some screenshots. It did not show it really well, however the three screenshots are showing that I'm dragging it from different folders in Photos. "All Photos", "Smart Album", and "Folder".

I also tried dragging the project folder in the top left and in the timeline below as you can see.

Any thoughts you might have would be appreciated

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jul 5, 2015 5:41 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

He was talking about Photos App and that is the current Apple support page for this as I am having the same problem. As for the photo browser it seems not be working very well for me. Large photo library will not load nor show thumbnails just a black space. If you click on it it may open an album and then show thumbs. Tell me am I reading it wrong You can also drag photos and video clips from a photos app directly to an event in the Libraries list or a project in the Timeline, without using the Photos Browser.

Unable to Drag & Drop Photos from Photos App into FCP 10.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.