Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some apps ignore Ask to Buy?

It seems as though some apps from the App Store ignore the Family Share Ask to Buy function when my children attempt to install them. It seems to apply to apps that are labeled as Essential. Is there a way to prevent this? I want to screen all apps my children install, not just some of them.

I already turned off the sharing of apps I've purchased because I found that they could go into the App Store purchase history and freely download anything that I'd previously purchased, but that didn't seem to stop the problem as they're still able to download

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 6:14 AM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Perhaps some apps are categorized differently for different people? Clash of Clans definitely shows as Essential for us as does the original Angry Birds for example. I'm guessing wildly successful apps can gain the essential status. It's not that I want to prevent these specific apps, it's more that I don't like someone else deciding what's ok for my kids to be exposed to.

Some apps ignore Ask to Buy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.