Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tunein Pro crashes on iOS 8.4

I just installed iOS 8.4 and now my paid Tunein Pro app semi-crashes in my iPhone 5. The Tunein Pro app stays open (visible when I double-click the home button), but when I access the app, it immediately jumps back to the iPhone home screen (the grid of all apps).

I have tried restarting the phone, but the Tunein Pro app keeps defaulting back to the iPhone Home Screen. I next tried the old trick of holding down the home button while I press and hold the on-off/power button, but when I restart the iPhone, the Tunein Pro app still keeps defaulting back to the iPhone Home Screen.

I listen to the Tunein Pro app daily, and losing access to it is big issue for me. There are favorite podcasts streams on Tunein that are not available on iTunes radio or anywhere else. Further, I really have no wish to pay $10 monthly for the new Apple Music app with a radio function when I can access all of my favorite radio streams on Tunein Pro -- or I could until I installed iOS 8.4.

FYI: None of my other apps are crashing under iOS 8.4,at least none others that I have tested so far.

Your help is welcome in getting Tunein Pro to function on my iPhone again. Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 6:12 AM

10 replies

Jul 4, 2015 7:32 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks for the suggestion, Meg. The problem is twofold: (1) I have the most recent version available in the App Store, so far as I can tell. (2) Deleting the app from my iPhone would delete all of the data and require me to spend many hours repeating my set up of selected streams, plus I would lose all of my many recordings, so deleting and re-installing really is a desperate last resort. Good to know the Tunein Pro app works on your iPhone, though.

Any other suggestions, folks?

Jul 8, 2015 1:47 AM in response to Faisane

Same here. Every time I try to open TuneIn Radio Pro it immediately crashes & returns me to the home screen.

Uninstalling the app is not an option because I have hours of recordings in this app which I don't want to lose.

Am I alone in thinking that there might be something more than a coincidence here?

Just when Apple launches its own radio service for iPhone a major rival app won't work on Apple devices?

Tunein Pro crashes on iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.