Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to undo or delete Terminal command???

I have NEVER messed around with Terminal (and now I know why!)….

I was trying to find a way to finally have my mail message fonts show true to size, and found a supposed fix in this Apple Community here:

Inbox messages are very tiny. Can I zoom the type?

The fix was this:

1 - Quit Mail

2 - Open Terminal - in Utilities

3 - Paste the following into Terminal

defaults write com.apple.mail MinimumHTMLFontSize 14

4 - Hit return

5 - Open Mail

6 - Test

You can change the 14 to any size you want. You can adjust the normal Mail font size to a reasonable size knowing that you will always be able to read incoming messages.

However, what this did was now permanently make ALL my MacMail messages that I read and write default to Font size 14, and I cannot change them to anything else. I did not want to change my font size from 11, but to SEE it larger (or actually see it as font size 11 which it doesn't look that way on the screen but teensy)..

anyway, now I have NO IDEA how to undo or delete this Terminal command. I have no idea how to find this "bash" file or whatever it is called. I just do not want my emails all defaulting to one set 14 font and now disallowing me to change fonts as I write emails! For God's sake.

Please can someone tell me how to "undo" a command in Terminal and/or how to find this "bash" place and delete it or whatever….?

If anyone also knows how on earth to make your mail messages LOOK like the actual WYSIWYG you should see (as you do on all Mac things) that would also be awesome.

Thanks!!!!!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), null

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 6:18 AM

8 replies

Jul 4, 2015 8:06 AM in response to Niel

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Just for clarification, if one didn't know or recall what the last Terminal command was (so you could figure out how to write a reversing command), how does one "see" the past commands that are sitting in Terminal? Once you close the window and then re-open Terminal it is blank except for the "last login" notation.

I kept finding things online saying it was in a .bash file, but I could not see how ow where to see the system files to find this.

Nov 11, 2015 3:36 PM in response to Niel

I also created a shortcut in terminal and I can't figure out how to undo it.

Don't laugh - I created a terminal command so when I click Function it goes to my desktop. That was a dumb idea. I used your instructions above and arrowed up through terminal and found a command cd Desktop which I believe is the command I created but when I enter delete dc Desktop it says command not found. Please help me get rid of this command.

Nov 12, 2015 7:26 AM in response to Niel

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I finally figured it out by doing more searching - I found someone else who had the same problem and that was how I finally found the way to fix it. I had changed the setting in Launchpad..... I was able to change it back so that function works correctly now. I also found out that I can get to my desktop using F11.... Thanks again

How to undo or delete Terminal command???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.