Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac only boots into Windows, USB. Shuts off Mac side, and internet recovery.

Hi All,

Yesterday, my Dad cleaned my MacBook Pro, Mid 2012 (13inch) with a damp cloth, and ever since the fan has been going full force, internal keyboard not working (USB does), Battery indercator not working, and, not booting into mac (it did yesterday, but not today.) The mac just shuts off, no warning, just off. I have tried:

Cmd - Shift - R - Internet Recovery (loads the image fully, the apple logo appears and then it shuts down.)

Cmd - R (Just shuts down)

Cmd - D (no problems),

Using option works, selecting an alternate boot device, but only Windows, or a USB not running mac

\

I tried getting a bootable OS X 10.10 USB to work, it loads a bit on the apple logo, then dies.

And, tried resetting the SMC, but i don't tihnk it worked with the internal keybaord not working.

I have booked a appointment with the Genius bar on Monday, just seeing if i can try anything else.

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 8:28 AM

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

What happens when you try to startup?

Startup Issues - Resolve

Startup Issues - Resolve (2)

Startup Issues - Resolve (3)

6 replies

Mac only boots into Windows, USB. Shuts off Mac side, and internet recovery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.