Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage - change the sender number in existing conversations

I have 2 numbers, and I have set them up on 2 different phones, but I only want to bring one with me, so I set them up so that I transfer all calls from one to the one that I carry, and to receive messages on both devices, but only alert on the one I carry.

Now I'm facing an issue where I want to make sure that messages that I send out, are only sent from one of them, as that's paid for, so I want to prevent sending messages from the one that I do not carry with me.

The problem is with ongoing / already existing conversations: I found no way of changing the sender on those, and I have tested this. There is only a setting called "start new conversation from..." but that doesn't cover existing ones.

How can I go about changing the sender number in existing conversations without deleting those conversations before?

Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 6:58 AM

1 reply

iMessage - change the sender number in existing conversations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.