Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 puts out wrong album and album art. How do I fix it?

Just updated to iTunes 12.2 and my albums and album art are completely mixed up. Albums are named wrong, they have the wrong album art, each song has wrong album art. The only albums that are fine are the ones that I bought off of iTunes. Everything from my cd collection is pretty much destroyed. Has anyone had this issue, and has anyone been able to fix it?

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 6:18 AM

1. Disable all features that retrieve metadata from the iTunes Store (Apple Music, Match, iCloud, ...)
  2. Restore library from backup
4 replies

Jul 5, 2015 12:39 PM in response to hhgttg27

Yeah, This is what I ended up doing and it's mostly back to normal. Still some artwork missing but the albums are all back together. I can't believe that apple hasn't patched this already. I actually could not find music in my library because it all had the wrong album artwork, wrong song name and/or wrong artist. You'd think they would have caught it screwing everything up in your iTunes library during QA.

iTunes 12.2 puts out wrong album and album art. How do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.