Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found an IPod and would like to return it to its owner. It is now disabled and I can't find any information on it owner. Any suggestions?

I Found an iPod and haven't been able to find any information about the owner other than his first name. I would like to return it to him. Apple won't give me any information. I haven't been able to unlock. Any suggestions?

Ipad, iOS 4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:55 AM

Just turn it into the police.

11 replies

Jul 4, 2015 1:23 PM in response to BooMonster

The iPod is disabled and does not work at all. Thus, Siri does not work. The right tnink to do is to turn it into the police.

The person who lost is is supposed to notify the police.

Report a lost or stolen Apple product

Learn what you can do about your lost or stolen iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.

If you have lost or found an Apple product, please contact your local law enforcement agency to report it.

Report a lost or stolen Apple product - Apple Support

BooMonster wrote:

Turning it into the police isn't much help, his attempt is to return to the owner. It's not like the police have a secret unlock code. Try asking Siri to message mom, dad, sister, brother, or even ask name of owner.

Jul 5, 2015 1:54 AM in response to trentn

t is very very unlikely that FIndMyiPod would work since the iPod has to be connected to the internet but it will only automatically connect to a network it previously connected to. That is very very unlikely

trentn wrote:

The user would have find my iPhone on if the device is disabled therefore they know where it is. Best if you take it to the police

I found an IPod and would like to return it to its owner. It is now disabled and I can't find any information on it owner. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.