Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

samsung ssd 850 evo compatible with MacBook Pro?

I bougth a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 Gb to install in my MacBook Pro 2011 running on Yosemite 10.10.4. I installed and everything seems to run fine. Now I read on internet that this SSD disk is running on PC's only. How can this be explained? I do not like the idea that the disk doesn't work anymore after some time.

I have a second question too: on internet I also read some articles about TRIM, some telling that with the Samsung disk it is important to run TRIM enabler or to switch TRIM on, others arguing that this is no use, or that it might give serious safety risks.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Ingelse

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 6:46 AM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 4:04 AM in response to Csound1

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Since there are many people on internet who tell me that there is a risk I would like to know a bit more if you don't mind. The Samsung website offers the ssd 850 evo as compatible with PC only. Isn't this a signal that there is a risk indeed, they want to sell and recommend for OS X as well if they could, wouldn't they?

Thanks and best,

Peter

samsung ssd 850 evo compatible with MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.