Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a message that stated that I had been infected by a virus due to "Accessing adult content". Is this just someone phishing? Is it possible to get a virus on iPad?

I received a message, "you have been infected by a virus due to watching Adult Content". Is it possible to get a virus through Safari on iPad?

iPad, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 7:58 AM

The iOS devices cannot be infected if they have not been jail broken. That sounds like ransome ware...do not respond to it.

7 replies

Jul 4, 2015 5:18 PM in response to Hawkeye_1

You are very welcome - after looking up jailbreaking, just a word of caution, Apple absolutely prohibits doing that and will void the warranty of anyone who does it.

That is the only way iOS can be subject to a virus since the user cannot alter or install anything except what is downloaded from the app store.

Anyway, all that aside, these popup and ransomeware ads are annoying when the occur but really do not have an affect on the user. Just close Safari, clear the cache (history and internet sites log) and you are good to go.

Jul 13, 2015 4:13 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

I have an IPAD 2 3G and I'm getting a popup that says my device may have adware/spyware virus that I can't get rid of. I can't get to any other tabs or get to the browser history. And it says to call a number or go to a Apple web site. I called and they wanted money to fix it-I told them I would go on line to make sure that I was talking to Apple-I never give out info on the phone if I can't verify who I am talking too. I have closed safari but don't know where to clear the cache or history if safari is closed down. Is the cache in settings? Should I restore all settings? Thanks

I received a message that stated that I had been infected by a virus due to "Accessing adult content". Is this just someone phishing? Is it possible to get a virus on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.