Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why when I try to export my video in iMovie appear error -50 ?

I need help 😟

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 8:59 AM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2015 9:14 AM in response to LauraYanes29

Error 50 means that there is a bad/corrupt file or image type in the project. Basically, there is a clip or picture in your project that iMovie doesn't like. Some have found that if they have a clip, pic, or even transition that is shorter than .5 seconds, removing it will solve the problem. However, that hasn't worked for everyone. Take a look at this thread; several people posted solutions they found. ERROR -50 ... IMOVIE EXPORTING PROBLEMS. PLEASE HELP!

<Links Edited By Host>

Aug 31, 2015 5:41 PM in response to LauraYanes29

I know it's 2 months later, but I'm posting this wherever I can to try to help others agonizing over this issue:

So I had this issue, and it seems like iMovie will just decide that some clip or transition is problematic. There are lots of people offering ways to troubleshoot, but they are time consuming.

I just figured out that every time I try to export to file, I get about half the file. In fact, it kept stopping at exactly 2:25. So I looked into the project timeline at that point and found a 1.5 second transition. I deleted it and was able to export, no problem.

Export the file, then play it to see where it stops. Use that to find and delete/replace the offending clip/image/transition.

Hope this helps!

Why when I try to export my video in iMovie appear error -50 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.