Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen frozen

Screen on iPhone 6 keeps freezing. Started after downloading iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 7:35 AM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2015 8:15 AM in response to macjake2

I had this same issue. And it also began affecting my texts. I called my local store to make a Genius Bar appointment and eventually got a real human, although I think she was working on her 11th cup of coffee. In any case, she told that I should go to settings > reset >erase all content and settings, because if I brought it into the store, that's the first thing they would do anyway; but I was to make sure I backed up the phone first and save all the photos on it I wanted to continue to have.

I backed up the phone, first to iCloud and then again on my MBP. I did erase all content and settings and then restored from the iCloud backup. The phone freezing issue now seems to be fixed. However, at least a dozen of my apps are not redownloading and I cannot figure out how to get them to download. Basically, when I go to that app, it just says "Waiting" underneath it. In looking at my apps on the phone in iTunes (latest version) on my MBP, it shows those apps all to be fine. But on the phone it says "Waiting" and I can't access it. So then I restored from the MBP backup, and nothing changed. I still have over a dozen apps that are blacked out, waiting, and unavailable.

Very frustrating.

Screen frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.