Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plug no longer works can it be replaced

I have an old iBook G4 and the plug is loose and does not power the computer. Can I get a replacement for just the plug and not the rest of the power unit?

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 7:17 AM

8 replies

Jul 6, 2015 2:10 AM in response to carol116

In bins at second-hand stores, I've found the duck-head parts as well as the official extension power cable.

The cable works better to keep the AC adapter plugged in, but isn't as portable to carry along when traveling.

If you happen to have more than one power adapter, a long cord could remain with the unit used at a desk.

The early AirPort Express wireless unit also uses the duckhead or power cable interchangeably so these are

also sources of those parts. I have spares because I always look for these Apple accessories, when I don't

need them. Later on, various adapters and other bits are helpful; some are obsoleted and harder to get new.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=apple+duckhead+adapter&t=ffsb&ia=products

There are sources online, depending on where you are located globally; regional sources may be able to ship

further or overseas, but not all can at an affordable price. However I've never ordered these, & prefer to find

them randomly since I frequent second-hand stores to look for collectibles or useful items, tools, etc.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Plug no longer works can it be replaced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.