Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

replace pages and notes with PDF

I would like to make PDF my default app when saving documents, copy cut and paste. Now I have to copy cut and paste to pages or notes 1st then

convert that to PDF. The conversion sometimes comes out sloppy, messy. I don't like pages or notes to start with. How can I replace pages and

notes with PDF as my default application for saving documents and for copy cut and pasting? I have PDF on my computer, I can convert documents to

PDF, but I can't find the application and put it on my dashboard and make it my default application.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 10:11 AM

How are you getting the document that you want to save as PDFs?

May PDFpen will meet your needs. There is a free trial

https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen/index.html

2 replies

Jul 4, 2015 10:41 AM in response to lllaass

Q How are you getting the document that you want to save as PDFs?

A Using Pages or notes that are on my dashboard. This has problems when copying or converting large documents to PDF.

I just discovered another way to do this by clicking file, print then clicking PDF at the bottom. This will save web pages and large

documents as PDF, or mail as PDF ect... This should help me save and print emails without copy and paste them to pages or notes.

Ill try this 1st, if problems persist then Ill try PDFpen.

Thanks Illaass

replace pages and notes with PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.