Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't update to ios 8.4. keeps freezing on "verifying iphone" stage for hours...

I tried to update my iphone to ios 8.4, but the screen keeps showing apple logo and a bar (no movement on the bar) and itunes is saying verifying iphone but nothing hours for more than 3 hours now. took the cable out, restarted the computer, restarted the iphone... serial number also changes to n/a, despite there was a normal serial number when i first plugged it in. no changes. any suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 7:06 PM

Had screen freeze issues along with wifi issues. Updated IOS 8.4 via iTunes twice, reset network twice (including rebooting of modem and router) and reset phone several times. Nothing worked until I disabled Find my iPhone. Then, slowly screen began to function and wifi began to be detected again after the phone being locked up for two days, useless.

Enabled Find my iPhone and the phone started to freeze again. Disabled again...Now, the iPhone is working again.

Made an appointment at the Genius Bar, but if there are no more issues with the Find my iPhone off. I will wait until there is an IOS bug fix.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2015 7:06 PM in response to kanhurkan

Had screen freeze issues along with wifi issues. Updated IOS 8.4 via iTunes twice, reset network twice (including rebooting of modem and router) and reset phone several times. Nothing worked until I disabled Find my iPhone. Then, slowly screen began to function and wifi began to be detected again after the phone being locked up for two days, useless.

Enabled Find my iPhone and the phone started to freeze again. Disabled again...Now, the iPhone is working again.

Made an appointment at the Genius Bar, but if there are no more issues with the Find my iPhone off. I will wait until there is an IOS bug fix.

can't update to ios 8.4. keeps freezing on "verifying iphone" stage for hours...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.