Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split library or sub folder iTunes library

Hi

I want know for future when run out space. I know how split iTunes library but it only seem for split whole Music or whole Movies or whole Home Videos. It doesn't do what I want.

My iTunes library in NAS.

My NAS soon run out space (It small size).

If I get 2nd NAS. Can I split Home Videos or Movies folder? Like in Home Videos folder create sub folder alias link to 2nd NAS. Will that work and still appear on Apple TV? 2 different location for Home Videos

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 8:05 AM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2015 9:34 AM in response to Samjayro

Using iTunes at all with a NAS is risky. There are many posts on this forum with unexplainable issues arising with NAS use.

iTunes is good at ignoring aliases and symbolic links. The best you can do will be to change the media folder location in iTunes preferences but do not "organize" old media to this location. Simply change the media location to the new drive and iTunes will put any new files there. Even this has all kind of disadvantages when it comes to your next set of drives but it will work for the moment.

Split library or sub folder iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.