Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Audio in/output

This problem started after the Lion upgrade. The Imac worked almost perfectly before this upgrade. Apart from this, I also had problems with the Imac screen itself, but I managed to fix that... Of course this all started after my warrenty expired... So typical for Apple.

I can't use the Headphone/Audio Line-Out Port. When I put my Apple Earbuds in my Imac 21", Late 2012 all I hear is a loud noise. The earbuds also get very hot. They do work on my Ipod so they're not broken. When I put an aux-cable in the audio port to connect it to my speakers, I hear the same constant noise but much louder. I have to use an usb interface to connect my soundsystem, but I can't fully use it because I would still need the audio port.

I need to get this fixed, It's sad how I can't even use the audio port on a 2000 Euro machine, and I'm not the only one with this problem.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:47 AM

5 replies

Problem with Audio in/output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.