Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sort the entries in a complete spreadsheet that includes many tables? Or must I sort one table at a time?

I am trying to create a list in Numbers that I can alphabetize. So far I have 10 tables in one spreadsheet. When I try to sort in ascending order, I have to do it one table at a time. Is there a way to sort the entire spreadsheet so that all of the entries are alphabetized?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), I am using Numbers

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:59 AM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 11:26 AM in response to Brandergee

Hi Brandergee,

I think what you are asking to do is to sort 10 different tables at the same time (presumably on the initial column) with one command. If this is the case then the answer is, "No, you can't do that".

It may be that by reorganizing how you enter data and how the tables interact that you can have an alphebetized list that draws the relevant info to it. Without knowing more about how you are set up and what you are using your tables for it is not possible to make suggestions.

quinn

Can I sort the entries in a complete spreadsheet that includes many tables? Or must I sort one table at a time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.