Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot re-download part 1 of 2 part audiobook

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 8.3. The other day I purchased an Audiobook from iTunes via my iPhone. The book was two parts. The first part downloaded without any problems, but the second part stalled out after starting to download. In my efforts to try and get the second part to download, I inadvertently deleted part 1, which I hadn't finished listening to yet. I have not been able to download part 1 again from my iPhone, nor complete or delete the part 2 download.

I then went into iTunes (v12.1) from my Windows 7 laptop, and search for available downloads and found that only part 2 of the audiobook was available for download, which I downloaded successfully. However, I have found no means of downloading part 1. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong or how to work around this?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:22 AM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 9:32 AM in response to Racenut

Audiobooks are not available for redownload. That said if you contact the iTunes Store support team through the report a problem links in your account history and explain the circumstances they should be able to grant an exception and requeue your missing parts.

It may be best in future to download directly to your computer and backup immediately before transferring to any device.

tt2

Cannot re-download part 1 of 2 part audiobook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.