Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect Hayward Omnilogic "wifi bridge" to Wifi, airport extreme

I have an older style airport extreme. I have recently purchased some automated pool equipment (Hayward Omnilogic) that allows me to control my pool lights, pump, valves, etc using their Omnilogic app. BUT I cannot for the life of me connect what they are calling a "wifi bridge" to my home wireless network. I have made it an open network without a password, but still it won't connect. It did connect to my wifi when i created a GUEST network, but unfortunately I could not get the GUEST network to connect to the internet either. This tells me that it has something to do with the security settings on the airport extreme, but I cannot figure out how to reduce the security settings on the airport extreme. The customer support has said that he has seen it before that with a "windows" machine, his customers had to reduce their firewall settings to "LOW" then the bridge would connect, then they could increase their security once the bride connected. But he also said that they were not familiar with Macs and had no solution for me.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), null

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:34 AM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2015 9:53 AM in response to Bjseay

I have made it an open network without a password, but still it won't connect.

Try the following......still with an open network:

The name of the wireless network needs to be short.....no more than 20 characters.....less would be better

No special characters....like an apostrophe, asterisk, dollar sign, etc.....in the wireless network name

Use only normal letters and numbers in the wireless network name

No blank spaces in the name

Example......

A name like Bjseay's Red Apple Wireless Network is NOT what you want.

A name like BjseayWireless IS what you want.

Obviously, if the pool equipment cannot connect to an open network, it will never connect to a protected network, so get things working first with no security.

Then use a more compatible setting like WPA/WPA2 Personal to see if the equipment will connect that way. It it will, then try WPA2 Personal and see if it will connect. If it does, leave it at WPA2 Personal, as this is the most secure setting.

Jul 4, 2015 10:25 AM in response to Bob Timmons

I have tried to connect using an open network, but still no success. The only way I was able to get the bridge to connect was by creating a guest network. It connected, the bridge said it was connected to wifi, but the way the Airport Extreme is setup, the guest network had NO internet connectivity. The bridge had the wifi "bars" lit up using the "guest" network, but will not light up when I try to connect to my secure, or in this case unsecure network.

Jul 4, 2015 1:53 PM in response to Bjseay

There is a possibility that the "bridge" may be trying to connect to the 5 GHz network when it wants to connect to 2.4 GHz.....or, it may not be able to connect to a simultaneous dual band network.

If you have not already done so, try assigning a different name to the 5 GHz network, then try to connect the "bridge" to your 2.4 GHz network.

Cannot connect Hayward Omnilogic "wifi bridge" to Wifi, airport extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.