Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i save a file as an .rtf on pages?

Hi, so I'm doing an online course for highschool. I need to save my documents as an .rtf file. I don't have microsoft word on here, only pages. But I can't find a way to save as an rtf. Please help!!!!

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:59 AM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2015 10:22 AM in response to dueysaf

One application which is rtf savvy is TextEdit, which is in your Applications folder. Just copy your content into a new TextEdit document. I believe the document will by default save as rtf, but you can control this (and/or change it to plain text) via the Format menu.

Dec 11, 2016 8:16 AM in response to CT

Copying the content does not work for me. All of my pages overlap on to one page. I can not believe Apple developers would remove this feature (converting to rtf) from the Pages software. Though I love my macbook at times I really miss my microsoft applications and I will not convert all my family to "apple" users until the Apple developers understand the needs of all users. Very unhappy that they make things more complicated than they should be.

how can i save a file as an .rtf on pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.