Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having problems with sending emails from my iPhone, it keeps saying go to mail account settings and enter a password but I'm already signed in my Apple ID

I'm having problems with sending emails from my iPhone, it keeps saying go to mail account settings and enter a password but I'm already signed in my Apple ID

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:31 AM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2015 10:24 AM in response to kaylafromswainsboro

kaylafromswainsboro wrote:

Your Apple ID and your email accounts are not necessarily related. For example, I use Gmail for my email. Even though my Gmail address is my Apple ID user name, the password for my Apple ID is not the same as my Gmail password. Signing in anywhere on my iPhone with my Apple ID wouldn't get me my email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.