Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

water damaged

well recently I did the most stupid thing ever. I dropped my iphone 5c blue into the toilet

this caused the screen to go nuts and a multitude of colours appeared. after a while the screen went black.

I didn't put it in rice but rather left it to dry out on its own. now here is my problem

I try to turn it on and it says it needs charging. so I plug it into the wall. then after a while on charge the apple logo pops up and stays there until I unplug it. after about 10 mins I the logo disappears and the screen goes black. once again I try to turn it on and it says it needs to be charged again. I have only managed to lget it into the mode by presing home button and flicking the mute button oon and off. since then it hasn't worked.

I recently updated my iTunes and tried to plug it in to maybe sort out the software. howver the device is not faound and only causes the phone to

start chargeing

~HELP!!!!!!~

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:53 AM

Make an appointment at the genius bar and pay for an out of warranty replacement. It's cooked. Water and electronics don't go together well. Water wins every time.

6 replies

water damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.