Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dynamic Resizing of Logo("Replace From Start")

I have a situation where I have a template which requires me to periodically update with a new logo.

The logo always goes in the same place on the timeline in the same existing logo clip at the same duration. It always has the same dimensions (length and width)

I usually select "Replace from Start" to keep synched with existing other clips.

But Whenever I do this the new logo displays at original size and is NOT in the correct position. I then need to resize and reposition and re-render.

I wondering if there is some way to DYNAMICALLY resize the logo in the right position without having to manually intervene.

Is this possible through some external XML fIle or other clever convention more experienced Final Cutters are aware of?

Appreciate any advice.

J

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:18 AM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2015 12:35 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hello Tom,

That worked. I did the following:

1) Copied the old logo

2) Then clicked the new logo in the media bin and dragged down to old logo and used 'replace from start'.

3) Then I clicked old logo and selected edit | Paste attributes | all video attributes to activate all parameters.

Nice!

But, this approach still requires some copy and clicks I am trying to move away from. Is there a way to store the incoming logo in a media folder or something and have some sub-routine or other automation trigger target the old logo and do this automatically. I will also refer to Luis 'drop zone' suggestion in motion but may be out of my depth.

Thanks

J

Dynamic Resizing of Logo("Replace From Start")

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.