Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is apple tv unreliable for streaming?

The buffering has become so frequent and annoying that I rarely use Apple TV anymore except for listening to my Itunes music, which I rarely do now because of the buffering. Watching the wheel-star circle for minutes is not entertainment. I update the software as required and have reset the device too many times to keep count. My Roku2 is connected to the same TV and I have no problems with it. My Apple TV is about 5 years old; will purchasing a new model resolve the unreliable streaming?

Apple TV, Windows 8

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 12:12 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2015 5:28 AM in response to ccforum

if it's network interference which is a much more likely cause then buying a new device would work as bad/well

there are tons of things that can make your wifi network unstable like the neighbours microwave oven http://www.howtogeek.com/171869/why-does-running-my-microwave-kill-my-wi-fi-conn ectivity/

landline wireless dect phones

bluetooth also operate on 2.4Ghz

and tons of other factors also neighbours using the same router wifi channel as you

try connecting them by ethernet to troubleshoot

why is apple tv unreliable for streaming?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.