Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume issues with update to iOS 8.4

I've updated my phone to iOS8.4 in the last 48hrs and the volume for my music has changed drastically.

I used to be able to listen to my iPhone in the car on the car's volume 20 setting. I could just drown out the noise of the engine and have a phone conversation at this volume. iPhone sound is maximum also.

Unfortunately, since updating I have been unable to do either of the above on the car setting that I am used to. I refuse to have my car volume on the maximum, as I frequently catch the radio function which is near my steering wheel and I'm worried about blowing the speakers if I do catch it!

I have spoken to someone on Apple support chat who asked me to do a general reset to default settings, this didn't work. I have tried to increase the volume of the music in the iTunes option which partly rectifies the issue - but I'm not happy keeping this as a 'fix' in the longterm.

The apple support person said that they were unaware of anyone else having the same issue, and they said that no-one in their group had heard of the issue either.

Help please?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 12:14 PM

12 replies

Jul 22, 2015 1:05 AM in response to Rybeast

Possible fix!

Had this issues and was going nuts. Had to hit FF every time a new song popped up. I tried everything mentioned but to no avail.

I did just happen to read an issue where people had problems with ear phone volume being too low, and being at the end of my ropes and desperate I tried their solution.

Turn off "Noise Cancellation"

(Settings>General>Accessability>Phone Noise Cancellation)

Closed my music app, reopen, Volume plays at max.

No sound check on, no volume limiter.

Hope this works for everyone else.

Sep 2, 2015 1:15 AM in response to kodokun

After updating to iOS8.4.1 and losing all the music I'd downloaded from Apple Music and all the playlists I'd made (as well as all the music from my own CDs, but that always happens when I do an iOS update), I cancelled my Apple Music subscription. No more issues with lack of volume, back to normal now. I liked music streaming though, so going to give Spotify and Google play a trial. Not an ideal solution, but it works!

Volume issues with update to iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.