Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.2 crashes when clicking at certain playlists

Hey I have the weirdest problem since 12.2:

I can start iTunes as usual and can play music with it, but as soon, as I click at the wrong artist in "My Music" the interface crashes. The music continues playing, but the interface is frozen completely.

This is only the case for 3 artists*. All of them contain stuff I bought on iTunes, but I have other bought stuff, that still works as usual. I can still play the music of these artists via the playlist "My Music" in my playlists.

Therefore my idea was, that it has something to with album cover or other album information, that isn't shown in the title list I get, when just clicking the playlist. I can anyhow in the title list click at a single song and get all the information, of that particular song, so if it was like this, it should be really specific to something concerning a whole album or something like that.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

* The artists are "Blotted Science", "Carcass" and the "Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra & Stephen Gunzenhauser". Maybe you can see any pattern in this - I can't 😀

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:30 AM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2015 1:21 AM in response to PG-Noob

Hi,

Exact same issue but running iTunes on a mac. I have 5 out of around 140 artists that cause the freeze up. All iTunes purchases. Running iTunes library on external drive. If I select the affected artist from the external drive the 1st song will play while the circle of death spins then nothing. Hope this helps with the pattern of problems.

Peter

iTunes 12.2 crashes when clicking at certain playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.