Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying pop up

In Yahoo, I keep getting a large pop up ad, which is annoying.

The notification shows the option of opt-out of all categories, but gives no link to where I can opt out.

Does anyone know how and where I can choose to opt out of this annoyance?

Thank you.

BTW/ is there browser that doesn’t haunt one with all these pop ups?User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 10:37 AM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2015 3:35 AM in response to Frank Abramonte1

Frank Abramonte1 wrote:

In Yahoo, I keep getting a large pop up ad, which is annoying.

Just to confirm, this ad is only showing up on Yahoo sites? If so, it's probably normal. Yahoo, like all search engines, depends heavily on advertising. I'm not a big fan of how Yahoo does that, however, and I'm also not a fan of how Yahoo has an affiliate program ("Search BOSS") that pays (among others) adware creators that will change your search engine to Yahoo if you install their software. If the normal behavior of Yahoo irritates you, don't use Yahoo. If you don't like Google, consider using the privacy-oriented DuckDuckGo:

http://duckduckgo.com

If you're seeing this same thing on many different sites, not just Yahoo, including sites that shouldn't display such an ad, then you may have adware. In this case, see dominic23's response.

Sep 8, 2015 10:17 AM in response to thomas_r.

I’ve tried every which way of stopping the large pop up ad on the Yahoo home page.

I’ve followed their link to opt out (see image & link below), but every link they give leads to my question…how to stop the pop up ad.

I’ve tried mailing them, but the only mail link it to set up a mail account with them.

I’ve never set up an account with them, so cannot sign in…I don’t wish to set up an account, unless that’s the only way of opting out of these ads.

If anyone is familiar with this, please advise on how I can stop these ads.
Thank you.

User uploaded file

https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/opt_out/targeting/?b=oo

Annoying pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.