Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying iPhone Music Management Issues

I'm having 2 inconsequential, but very annoying issues with music on my phone. Or, more specifically, *not* on my phone. They have to do with how things are displayed in iTunes.

The first is that there are several songs that appear to have left a "marker" of sorts on the phone when a transfer was attempted and possibly failed, represented by a greyed-out track with a dotted circle next to it. These cannot be deleted at all, no matter what I do.

The other concerns music that I played from iTunes match on my phone. Those songs seem to have downloaded to the phone, but do not show up in the iTunes list of music on my phone. I suppose I can delete them as needed from from the phone itself, but I would like the option of managing them in iTunes.

The first problem is much more irritating. I feel like I've tried every suggestion people have had for others with somewhat similar problems, including backing up, updating, restoring, syncing nothing, etc., but nothing works.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:32 AM

There are no replies.

Annoying iPhone Music Management Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.