Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what happens if I disable the icloud photo library

I want to know what happens if I change my mind and choose to disable the icloud photo library in my ipad. what will happen with my photos in the ipad? and in icloud?

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:54 AM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 12:44 PM in response to bbarandi

See the information below from Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

How do I turn off iCloud Photo Library on just one device?

You can turn off iCloud Photo Library for a single iOS device when you go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn off iCloud Photo Library.

You can turn off iCloud Photo Library for a single Mac device when you go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then uncheck iCloud Photo Library.

If you have Optimize Storage turned on, you might not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos, select Download and Keep Originals. Then you can turn iCloud Photo Library off. You can also download items you’d like to keep using the Photos app on iCloud.com.

How do I remove all iCloud Photo Library content from my iCloud account and devices?

You can turn off your iCloud Photo Library when you follow these steps:

• In iOS, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > iCloud Photo Library, then select Disable and Delete.
  • In OS X, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Manage > select Photo Library, then select Disable and delete.

Once you turn off your iCloud Photo Library, you'll have 30 days to download your library to at least one device. You can download your photos and videos when you turn on Download and Keep Originals or select the items to download from iCloud.

what happens if I disable the icloud photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.