Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading garagebands extra sounds

i have tried numerous times to download garagebands extra sounds and it never works any help out there

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 12:48 PM

7 replies

Jul 4, 2015 1:28 PM in response to steven16658

Steven 16658. I have had a similar problem.

Each time I open garage band i get a message that reads "17 drummers and 1500 loops need to download". It is 1.1 gigs of data.

I download, say yes to the install and next time I open garage band, I am back to square one.

all updates have been applied.

Macbook Pro, mid 2014, 15-inch Retina, 2.5 Ghz intel i&,16gb 1600 DDR3,

Garage Band 10.1.0

any and all thoughts are both welcome and appreciated.

Regards, D

Jul 4, 2015 1:46 PM in response to drakemehard

There are many possible reasons for a download not succeeding, for example,

• if a firewall or anti virus software is interfering with the connection to the AppStore. Disable firewalls like Little snitch.
  • or the Mac might be falling asleep and causing time outs - disable the energy saver while trying to download.
  • You may have incompatible software installed - try to download after restarting the Mac in Safe Mode: Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode
  • You may have a problem with your home folder ownership or permissions and need to repair those. The Yosemite update may have messed up ownership, permissions, and access controls.

See Linc Davis's post how to reset this:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6587728?answerId=26800021022#26800021022

Jul 18, 2015 9:31 PM in response to léonie

léonie

Thanks for your help.

I tried all of those steps, in order, and then followed "lincs" also.

Nothing ....

Then I posted this in the forums:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread/7130062

Again, Nothing ....

Actually, that is not 100% accurate.

I did get to experience firsthand the frustration and aggravation a software engineer with a deadline and a rascally bug must go through.

Kind of like a carnival ride dreamed up by Satanic pranksters.

The good news is you will never feel like the ride was too short, the bad news is your gonna have a bad time the entire time.

At some point last night I was so frustrated .... then I made a loose estimate of the amount of time I had spent on the problem .... then I was ****** off .... then I felt stupid for wasting so much time .....

Then I calmed down and ponied up the $ 200.00 for LogicPro.

So that's how I $olved it, I threw money at it. Works every time !!

Good luck to all faced with the same problem.

downloading garagebands extra sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.