Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi problems:My computer is not connecting to my home router. It claims my security password is incorrect when it is not and that it cannot detect an IP address. If I eventually connect it disappears again when my laptop goes to sleep.

Wifi Problems:

My computer is not connecting to my home router, preferred network. It claims my security password is incorrect when it is not and that it cannot detect an IP address. If I eventually connect it disappears again when my laptop goes to sleep. It takes a lot of playing around to connect by turning off wifi and running diagnostic reports etc. I am able to connect to a BT Hotspot as they are my internet provider. this however is not what i want to use as i have to login each time etc. my iPhone and iPad connect to the router so i am sure it is something with my notebook that is the issue.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:52 AM

1 reply

Wifi problems:My computer is not connecting to my home router. It claims my security password is incorrect when it is not and that it cannot detect an IP address. If I eventually connect it disappears again when my laptop goes to sleep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.