Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Air downloaded the update! I didn't want it to. I want it back to Download and Install?

I was charging my iPad Air and it downloaded the update 8.4

I don't want to install, How do I get it back to Download and Install?

I never clicked on Download and Install , but it Downloaded it without my authorization.

Thank You

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 4:50 PM

You can delete the download in Manage Storage. But it will download again. So either live with it, or install it.

3 replies

Jul 4, 2015 5:18 PM in response to susiecat.cinci

As Lawrence said, you can delete it again and again and again ....but it will continue to download every time that you delete it. If you are running out of storage space and you don't want to update, you will just have to make these provisions work. It will be a PITA, but you can continue to delete it.

Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage. Lokk for the iOS 8.4 download and tap the Arrow on the right. Tap Delete in the next window.

My iPad Air downloaded the update! I didn't want it to. I want it back to Download and Install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.