Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is iTunes Match in the Settings app in iOS8.4?

I'm not really sure whether this is an issue with iTunes Match, or the new Apple Music app.

I cannot find any controls for iTunes Match in the Settings app in iOS8.4 on my iPhone 6. This used to be found in Settings->Music.

As a result of this I cannot toggle the setting which used to be there that controlled whether I would see all my music in the Music app, or only the music which was downloaded to the phone.

The problem this causes is that in the Music app I now see all of my (large) iTunes Match library.

(In Settings->Music there is a toggle for 'iCloud Music Library'. I have turned that off but I still see my whole library)

I often want to only play local music, either because I'm in an area of inconsistent mobile data coverage, or simple because my tariff has limited data which I don't want to exceed.

The only way I can be sure of seeing just the local music is by putting the phone into Airplane mode, but that's not a good solution.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, 128GB

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:49 AM

I've just partially answered my own question...

In the Music app, when tapping the list heading to switch between 'Artists', 'Albums' etc. there is a toggle in there for 'Show Music Available Offline'.

So I've solved the main problem, but I'm still not sure whether I should see iTunes Match in Settings somewhere.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2015 11:49 AM in response to Markmat

I've just partially answered my own question...

In the Music app, when tapping the list heading to switch between 'Artists', 'Albums' etc. there is a toggle in there for 'Show Music Available Offline'.

So I've solved the main problem, but I'm still not sure whether I should see iTunes Match in Settings somewhere.

Jul 6, 2015 5:31 PM in response to Markmat

iTunes Match is now referred to iCloud Music Library. This covers cloud service for either platform your using. Canceling Apple Music means hopefully you kept iTunes Match and that will function similar as before but under the name iCloud Music Library. Remember, Apple Music is really a rental service for streaming music. Canceling that service removes all music from your device except what you purchased in the iTunes store. Keeping iTunes Match is suggested to ensure any CD's, etc that you uploaded will be safely stored. Unless you plan on keeping Apple Music for all eternity. Not likely so Match will cover you.

Jul 13, 2015 4:55 PM in response to Markmat

• You now have two options in iTunes > Preferences > General, one to "Show Apple Music" and one to use "iCloud Music Library".
  • You still have Genius available under Account
  • You still have iTunes Match available (it is not the same as iCloud Music Library)
  • If you uncheck "iCloud Music Library" and sign out under Account > Sign Out you will see both the "Turn On / Update Genius" and "iTunes Match..." options under Account.
  • When you turn iTunes Match ON, it will also check the iCloud Music Library option, because that is where iTunes Match stores its music library

What I'm having a problem with (and I'm not the only one) is that when I try and turn iTunes Match ON, I eventually end up with a 4010 error saying it had trouble updating Genius. The iCloud Music Library checkbox always reverts to OFF at this point. I can use Apple Music, and I can still update Genius, but on the machine in question, iTunes Match is not working, I cannot select "iCloud Music Library" and although I can unhide and show the iTunes column called iCloud Download, I cannot show/unhide the column that should be there called "iCloud Status".

Where is iTunes Match in the Settings app in iOS8.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.