Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App Store not Downloading Updates

Mac App Store on my Mac is failing to downloaded updates as it shows that the update has already been installed but the installed software is an Older version.
Tried removing Caches for the App but its still stuck, Sometimes it fails to reload or show an Update available.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Showing Installed iTunes 12.2 but i have 12.1, same for the command line tools and the Yosemite update doesn't even start.

I click it then it Stops.

Using Mac App Store 2.0 on Yosemite 10.10.2 Macbook Pro Retina 13' 2014.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Mac App Store

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:58 AM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2015 8:30 PM in response to addiittya

I have the same issue, and it's not limited to iTunes. All of my software updates, including those for third-party apps have this issue. I will click "update" it'll gray out and then, after a restart, it says it was updated, but it wasn't. Now, when click update (they are now both in the need to be updated and recently updated lists) it'll flash "installing" for a second and then go back to having the update button and it will be added to "recently updated" again. At one point I had an issue where I would click update and it would have a popup saying something about downloading and restarting after the update was finished, I would click download & update and then immediately the restart warning would pop up, and I would tell it to restart later. After doing this for an update, the notifications would stop and it would just flash the installing bar as mentioned previously. I clicked the "not now" option on one of the pop-ups and now they don't show up and neither do the restart notifications and it goes straight to the installation bar flash, (which svcks because I wanted to try restarting using the notification for update installs instead of the standard way to see if there were any changes). I got 12.2 for iTunes by downloading off of the Apple website http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ as per someone on another form recommended, and a few f the third party apps have their own unique update app that will probably work, but for the majority I have to use the App Store and I can't so I'm stuck.

Jul 5, 2015 4:21 AM in response to addiittya

Bonjour,

J'ai le même problème.

J'ai trois applications à mettre à jour : iMovie, OneNote et Garage Band plus iTunes dont la mise à jour a été annoncée dans l'app elle-même.

Les mises à jour ne se téléchargent pas : Le Mac App store cherche les nouvelles mises à jour et reste bloqué.

J'ai un iMac 21,5 équipé de Yosemite et OS X 10,10.3.

C'est agaçant, ça fait plusieurs jours que ça dure !

Jul 5, 2015 3:42 PM in response to Plooom

Plooom,

Premièrement, pardonnez mon français mauvais s'il vous plaît; Je ne suis pas très bien.

Mais, pour iTunes, la solution est à aller au site web pour Apple: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/, et télécharger à partir du lien il. Il téléchargera une image de disque qui vous pouvez ouvrir et aller par le processus à installer iTunes 12.2 et à effacer le ancienne version de iTunes.

Aug 22, 2015 12:56 PM in response to addiittya

This Issue has been Solved.
I formatted the Macintosh HD and reinstalled the latest Yosemite, Now everything Works fine.

I recommend that you do the same.

You Might wanna take a Backup of all the Important Data available using a Time Machine and Restore Data only by Comparing.

The Cause of this Issue according to me was the misplacement of some of the Mac App Store Files which are used for Software Update, So kindly clear or remove data on your Mac safely and know what you are about to do, revert back changes done as root if you don't understand what's going on.

Mac App Store not Downloading Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.