Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Issues, Retina 2013

I bought a 2013 macbook Pro with a Retina scree the other day. The SSD was wiped when I bought it, but I'm noticing terrible battery usage.

At the moment I have 55% battery left and it's telling me I have 1 hr 30 mins left on charge, with half screen brightness, no key lighting and bluetooth off.

The only programme that I have open is Google chrome and Spotify. Nothing demanding.

Is there anything i can do? I'm new to macs.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 2:26 PM

6 replies

Jul 4, 2015 2:37 PM in response to Creepy Nick

you can save a lot of battery on low brightness , but as you are already doing that try to force quit all the programs .

and by keeping the wifi off while not using it ,

you can also turn off the notification permanently that will also help

here are few tips for increasing durability of battery

• whenever you shut down the device make sure it has at least 50-60% energy .
  • if any mobile or other thing is connected with the device and is charging from it , make sure your device is plugged in.
  • lets say , at the sta rt of your day charge your device 100% and then do not recharge untill 30-40% is left
  • never let your device run out of power completely , that damages longitivtiy of the battery.

i hope this would help you, please share your device model number and information for better analysis .

Jul 5, 2015 9:47 AM in response to Creepy Nick

Nothing out of the ordinary in the System Information>Power display to report.

I have always viewed the 'time left' for the battery run time with suspicion. My suggestion is to record the start time and charge level at the begining of a long session, and when finished, record the end time and charge level. Then do the math. That in my opinion will give a reasonable estimate of expected battery run time. I acknowledge that there are many variables that may or may not be taken into account that have an affect on the result.

Here is a list of Apple support articles that you may find useful:

https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro/batteries_power/

Ciao.

Battery Issues, Retina 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.